The Porn Smart Seminar aims to assist students understand the potential harms of pornography and how to prevent or break a porn use habit.
The session is taught using the Porn Habit Hexagon:
- Basics of comprehensive sex and relationship education: pornography in context
- Sexuality values, standards & goals: clarifying and choosing responses & direction
- Internet porn realities: content, accessibility & justice concerns and statistics
- Potential harmful effects on the brain: neuroscience of compulsion & addiction
- Potential harmful effects on relationships: physical, attitudinal & emotional
- Master of your domain: choosing and achieving pornography management or sobriety
Pornography is also discussed in the student Sex and Relationship Smart Seminar.